Powers said she quit O'Reilly's show, but returned three years later. His 8 p.m. time slot has gone to Tucker Carlson.
In addition, two more women surfaced with new charges against O'Reilly.
Advertisers had been pulling from O'Reilly's nightly nightly talk show amid the allegations, parent 21st Century Fox said earlier this month that the company was investigating one of the claims. On top of that, O'Reilly was also the target of a successful advertising boycott, a form of activism that has proven particularly effective in recent years. That actually represented a 12 percent increase over the 3.31 million viewers O'Reilly averaged the week before.
Details from one of those settlements were already public.
"You better stand up now and figure out what's really happening with this O'Reilly thing or you're gonna lose Fox News", Beck told viewers of the channel during Wednesday's episode of The Glenn Beck Radio Program. The woman said she never had a direct conversation with O'Reilly. The agreements totalled about $13 million. The prime-time star had been off Fox News since April 12 and was due to come back from a vacation on Monday.
What made it impossible for O'Reilly to keep his job?
O'Reilly's departure is the second major blow for the right-leaning news network in nine months. "Like him or not, a lot of people watched him".
In addition to hosting "The Factor", O'Reilly has also written a series of historical narratives, including "Killing Jesus" and "Killing Lincoln", that have each sold more than 1 million copies in hardcover.
O'Reilly's pugnacious personality was not just an on-screen affectation, with one of the settlements going to a woman who complained about being shouted at in the newsroom.
Carlson's tweet came a couple hours after 21st Century Fox announced that Bill O'Reilly would not be returning to Fox News amid accusations of sexual harassment and buy-outs to prevent accusers from speaking out.
Owners Rupert Murdoch and his sons Lachlan and James said in a memo to Fox staff that their decision to axe O'Reilly came following an "extensive review" into the claims.
"Advertisers fled because they immediately recognized what Fox News has ignored for over a decade: that serial sexual harassment is not only wrong, but bad for business".
The announcement comes at hard time for Fox News, whose former chairman Roger Ailes resigned previous year after a sexual harassment lawsuit by former anchor Gretchen Carlson.
The statement expressed "full confidence that the network will continue to be a powerhouse in cable news", adding: "Lastly, and most importantly, we want to underscore our commitment to fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect".
How did the allegations affect "The O'Reilly Factor"?
As this whole saga unfolded in the media, O'Reilly was hemorrhaging advertisers. For the week of April April 24-28, Special Report with Bret Baier will fill the 5-7 p.m. timeslot.