British press is reporting that as many as 70 people are still missing and unaccounted for in the tower.
A prominent British Labour Party lawmaker is calling for police and the government to seize all documents relating to the renovation of a London high-rise destroyed by a fire that killed dozens of its residents.
'As London faith representatives, our united minds, hearts and prayers are with everyone in Grenfell Tower and with the families and friends of all those who are impacted.
Hands cautioned Sunday that investigators still don't know exactly what cladding was used when the building renovation was completed past year.
Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy asserted that their investigation will "establish the facts and provide answers", as they "look into what criminal offences may have been committed".
Of the 58, he said 30 were confirmed dead.
He said five of the dead had been formally identified, and it would be a slow and painstaking task to identify the others because of the intensity of the fire. "I really hope it won't, but it may increase", he said.
Mr Cundy said it was already clear that the total number of the dead "will be higher" than the figure previously given by police but said he would not "speculate" on a figure. He asked anyone who was in the tower and survived to contact police immediately.
Police say the harrowing search for remains had been paused Friday because of safety concerns at the blacked tower but has resumed.
"It has been incredibly emotional working in there". He expects the operation to last "many, many weeks".
The money will be taken from the Government's £5 million emergency fund which they pledged would be spent on aid, clothing and food for the victims.
He said the community in north Kensington, west London, was "frustrated and, yes, angry".
Families who have lost their homes must be supported, grieving people must be helped and it must not be "so hard" for those who need help to find it, he said.
Mr Cundy said: "The investigation will be exhaustive". This relies on dental records, fingerprints and DNA when possible and also features like tattoos or scars.
Queen Elizabeth II said the disaster had cast a sombre pall over Britain, but insisted the country was showing resolve in the face of adversity.
British officials have announced a nationwide minute of silence to honor the victims on Monday morning.
'We urge swift action to rehouse the homeless, in consultation with them, rather than send them to cheaper places far from London, ' the London Faiths Forum said in a statement. British officials have ordered a review of other buildings that have had similar renovations.
"Little can compare in recent times to a tragedy on this scale - the response from the local authority has simply not been good enough".
Sadiq Khan spent more than two hours at St Clement's Church in west London on Sunday, as a service remembered victims of the disaster. Numerous displaced are living in churches and community centres.