The statement came after the Somalia government said its forces killed 81 Al-Shabaab militants during the joint security operation on Saturday in Jilib town in middle Jubba region in southern Somalia.
He told state-run SONNA news agency that, Somalian forces and worldwide partners conducted the two different operations.
Africom, which has in the past conducted counterterrorism airstrikes against the terror group in Somalia, said its special forces will continue to use all authorized and appropriate measures to protect Americans and to disable terrorist threats. The Trump administration earlier this year approved expanded military operations against extremists in the Horn of Africa nation.
The strike was carried out in coordination with the Somali government, the statement said.
Earlier this month the US military carried out its first airstrikes in Somalia against ISIS, which is a small but growing presence in the northern part of the Horn of Africa nation. However, the main target of USA airstrikes in Somalia is al Shabab. In February, the East African country elected its first president in decades, whose victory offered a ray of hope for residents.
Last Friday, United States forces carried out airstrikes against an Islamic State-affiliated Shabab splinter group, operating in the central Somali region of Puntland. However, Somalia experts have told ABC News that the group is struggling to recruit new members. It was Somalia's worst-ever attack and one of the world's deadliest in years.
On October 14, at least 358 people were killed in a truck bombing in Mogadishu and Al-Shabaab was blamed for it.