Speaking to the media, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said Saeed had the blood of the innocent citizens of the world on his hands.
Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed's political ambitions have received a boost after a top Pakistani court ordered the election commission to hear his party's case for registration ahead of this year's election.
It sent the case back to the ECP asking it to proceed further on the application by giving the party an opportunity of hearing. Counsel for the petitioner, Advocate A. K Dogar contended that a delegation of the United Nations was going to arrive in Pakistan on Jan 26 and the government had planned to take strict action against Hafiz Muhammad Saeed. "And this is a way of shielding the activities he earlier indulged in".
In January, Saeed's entities were moved from Pakistan's watch list to the list of proscribed organisations after the government introduced a presidential ordinance by amending the Anti-Terrorism Act to include UN-designated terrorist groups and individuals for terror financing, paved the way for the confiscation of JuD and FIF assets.
Taking a stern view of the developments taking place in Pakistan, MEA spokesperson today said that India's concerns of inaction against Saeed have been echoed by the entire global community as well.
Last month, Pakistani authorities confirmed that the country was going back on the "grey list" of the FATF, after a span of almost four years.
It is to be mention here that in NA-120 by-election, the MML had supported one Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh whose banners had a photo of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed at one side and photo of Quaid-i-Azam at the other side. India and the United States hold Saeed responsible for the 26/11.