OPCW experts will arrive in Beirut to go on mission to Damascus

Chemical Attacks in Syria UN Council Must Prevent Syria'Spiralling Out of Control, Says Antonio Guterres

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Friday warned of the danger of a full-blown military escalation in Syria.

Those "fault lines" also include the Palestinian-Israeli divide as well as the Sunni-Shia divide, evident from the Gulf to the Mediterranean.

Russian defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said the military had "proof that testifies to the direct participation of Britain in the organising of this provocation in Eastern Ghouta".

The World Health Organization said in a statement Wednesday that after the attack, about 500 people were treated at medical facilities exhibiting symptoms consistent with exposure to toxic chemicals.

Trump himself appeared on Thursday to cast doubt on at least the timing of any USA -led military action, tweeting: "Never said when an attack on Syria would take place".

Guterres remarks came after the mandate of the Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM), which was created as a body to attribute responsibility for the use of chemical weapons in Syria in 2015, expired in November past year. Nikki Haley, Washington's United Nations ambassador, said the president had not yet made a final decision on when or how to strike back.

Prior to the Trump administration, O'Connell says the US consistently attempted to justify reprisals through creative characterization of the facts to fit the self-defense paradigm.

I reiterate: there is no military solution to the conflict."The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) the body monitoring and facilitating implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), which entered into force in 1997 has dispatched a fact-finding mission to Syria in response to latest allegations of chemical weapons use".

French President Emmanuel Macron expressed his "deep concerns" over the deterioration of the situation in Syria in a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The US State Department and several officials in Washington said on Friday that they had proof Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces were behind last week's deadly chemical attack on Douma.

Jaafari spoke ahead of a closed-door Security Council meeting called by Bolivia, a strong supporter of Russian Federation, to discuss the threat of military action against Syria.

Trump's National Security Council was to meet later Friday at the level of agency deputy heads, she said.

While the Government of Syria has reportedly taken full control over eastern Ghouta, an estimated 50,000 people remain in different towns that have changed control, in addition to an estimated 70,000 to 78,000 civilians in Douma city. Syria's government denies responsibility.

Russian Federation has said it had dispatched experts to Douma who had not found any evidence of chemical weapons use.

Yildirim on Friday again condemned the "heinous" the attack in Douma and said the perpetrators should "pay a price".

US, allies informed Turkey ahead of Syria strikes, AK Party spox says
Kathua rape case: Mehbooba Mufti to ask for fast track court