Overall, almost 100 women have come forward publicly to say they were harassed or sexually abused by Weinstein over a period of more than two decades.
Weinstein has been free on a $1 million bail after surrendering in May to face the first set of charges, which came after a months-long investigation by the New York Police Department.
In all, Weinstein now faces six charges, including rape in the first and third degrees. If proven, the predatory charges could result in a life sentence.
The Manhattan District Attorney's office filed new charges against Weinstein as the week began, including a new count of criminal sexual act in the first degree and a forcible sexual act against another woman in 2006.
Now out on $1 million bail, the father of five had last month already pleaded not guilty to allegedly raping one woman at a Manhattan hotel in 2013 and forcing another to perform oral sex on him in 2004.
The disgraced movie mogul has been indicted for committing a forcible sex act by a third woman in 2006. He has pleaded not guilty to the prior charges he faced and has said he did not engage in any non-consensual sex.
Weinstein is scheduled for arraignment on the new charges July 9.
The District Attorney went on to call on "survivors" of Weinstein's "predatory abuse" to share their stories.
Police sources told NY magazine that they thought there was a strong case against Weinstein and that Vance's ADAs were apparently trying to scuttle the investigation.
Lucia Evans, a former actress, had already publicly accused Mr Weinstein of carrying out a sexual assault in 2004. His lawyer, Ben Brafman, has said Weinstein plans to "vigorously defend against these unsupported allegations that he strongly denies". In October 2017, the New Yorker detailed her allegations and published audio obtained during a 2015 police sting in which Weinstein reportedly admits to groping Gutierrez as he begs her to go into his hotel room.