Lakers Sign Rondo, Lose Randle In Flurry Of Free Agency Moves

The Lakers Have Renounced Julius Randle

This move just broke the NBA

Heading into free agency one of the more compelling storylines the Los Angeles Lakers faced was with Julius Randle.

On Monday, Randle agreed to a two-year, $18 million deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Player option second year.

Wojnarowski also reported that Pelicans star forward Anthony Davis was "tenacious" in recruiting Randle to New Orleans, which ended up being a major reason why the deal got done. Last year, the 32-year-old averaged 8.3 points and 8.2 assists in 65 games with the Pelicans.

Unfortunately, the Lakers latest moves in agreeing to a one-year, $9 million deal with Rajon Rondo appear to hint that the team was ready to part with Randle.

Rondo has shot just 30.9 percent from 3-point range throughout his 12-year career.

The 2014 first-round pick made an impact on defense close to the basket. Regarding Rondo and the Lakers, source (told Ramona Shelburne) says they told him that with LeBron here they're trying to win now. Randle finished 10th in the National Basketball Association in field goal percentage last season, shooting 55.8 percent from the floor. He's a matchup nightmare for teams; he's versatile. That cap space could increase to $16 million if the team uses the waive and stretch provision on Luol Deng, which would stretch out the $36 million owed to him over five seasons. He's led the National Basketball Association in assists three times over his career, averaging north of 11 assists per game in those campaigns.

Roger Federer walks out at Wimbledon in Uniqlo shirt, not Nike
Bali volcano current status: Is the airport open again?