Trump to discuss missing journalist with Saudis

A group of journalists and NGO members staged a protest outside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to denounce the disappearance of Khashoggi.

Dissident journalist and Washington Post contributor Khashoggi, 58, has been missing since last Tuesday after entering the Saudi consulate to gather documents for marriage. He has not been heard from since October 2, when he entered a Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkey to receive marriage paperwork. Riyadh claims he exited through a back door, the Turks are dubious and the search is on for clues. If Mr. Khashoggi was murdered inside the consulate, it will cast the Saudi regime and its de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, in a new and disturbing light and require a thorough reevaluation of U.S. -Saudi relations. "The consulate officials can not save themselves by simply saying: "He has left".

Turan Kislakci, a friend of Khashoggi, said the 59-year-old told him he had been invited to return to Riyadh by the crown prince to act as an adviser.

His Turkish fiancee, Hatice Cengiz, who waited for him outside the consulate, said he never came out of the building. "Hopefully that will sort itself out", the president added.

Turkey said it would search Saudi Arabia's consulate.

Flight records show two Saudi planes arrived at Istanbul's Ataturk airport on Tuesday and departed separately that same day, hours after Khashoggi was last seen.

"Our country's values should be and must be a cornerstone of our foreign policy with foes and allies alike", he said.

Turkish officials said Mr Khashoggi was killed on the premises and his body was then removed.

Britain urged the Saudi government to explain what happened.

The Times report, which cited a senior official in the Ankara government, said Turkish authorities believe Khashoggi was murdered on orders from "the highest levels of the royal court" in Riyadh.

Turkish security forces searched a private Saudi plane on the day that journalist Jamal Khashoggi disappeared, but did not find any trace of him, the Turkish Anadolu agency reported on Tuesday.

A still image taken from CCTV video and obtained by TRT World claims to show Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi as he arrives at Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul, Turkey Oct. 2, 2018. It has allowed journalists into the consulate to show Mr Khashoggi is not there, reportedly even opening cupboards. Turkey's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hami Aksoy said the investigation was "continuing intensively".

We're also joined by Medea Benjamin, co-founder of CodePink, who knew Khashoggi and is the author of "Kingdom of the Unjust: Behind the U.S. -Saudi Connection".

That means Turkish police can not enter and search the consulate unless they get permission from the Saudi authorities, which they have now reportedly received.

Pompeo's statement came after Trump earlier on Monday told reporters at the White House: "I am concerned".

On Monday, Downing Street said the United Kingdom was "working urgently" to establish the facts behind Mr Khashoggi's disappearance.

The U.N. human rights office said Khashoggi's disappearance is "of serious concern".

Later on Tuesday, the Washington Post reported that US intelligence had intercepted communications of Saudi officials discussing a plan to capture Khashoggi, citing a source familiar with the situation.

Crown Prince Mohammed's brother and the Saudi ambassador to the US, Khaled, has insisted all the reports about his disappearance or death "are completely false and baseless".

Google+ gets the axe after exposing users’ private info
Flu shots available in Trail pharmacies