President Trump responded to the networks pulling the ad by telling reporters, "A lot of things are offensive.your questions are offensive".
The 30-second spot includes footage of Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant from Mexico citizen sentenced to death in April for killing two police officers in California in 2014.
But the video remains posted, for example, on a Facebook page for the campaign manager for Trump's 2020 reelection campaign and has since been shared on Trump's official Facebook page.
"Upon further review, Fox News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network", Marianne Gambelli, Fox News' president of advertisement sales, told CNN in a statement.
The Trump-friendly network's decision comes after CNN made headlines on Saturday for refusing to air it and after NBC came under fire for running it during prime time on Sunday night. A longer version of the ad, not run on NBC, included the false claim that Democrats "let [Brancamontes] into our country" and "let him stay".
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
CNN went so far as to declare "this ad is racist," adding they "declined" to run it when the Trump campaign "presented [them] with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad".
On Monday Facebook said it had blocked the advert from receiving "paid promotion". "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution", a Facebook's spokesperson said in a statement to CNET.
"This ad violates Facebook's advertising policy against sensational content so we are rejecting it", the company said in a statement.
The president's son, Donald Trump Jr., tweeted over the weekend, noting CNN's refusal to air the advertisement, saying, "I guess they only run fake news and won't talk about real threats that don't suit their agenda".
In response to Apatow's tweet, many attacked the ad or criticized the network's decision.