Rapper 21 Savage has been released from custody in the United States on bond in the lead up to his deportation hearing, his lawyers say.
It appears that the legal strategy employed by JAY-Z and Roc Nation has worked as planned, at least for the time being, as 21 Savage has reportedly been released on bond pending a hearing on his potential deportation.
Immigration attorney Charles Kuck said the bond was granted too late on Tuesday for Abraham-Joseph to be released right away.
21 Savage's attorneys argued that he lost his legal status in 2006 "through no fault of his own" and applied for a visa in 2017 once he learned he was in the country illegally.
Offering an optimistic message from the emcee, the statement added, "He will not forget this ordeal or any of the other fathers, sons, family members, and faceless people, he was locked up with or that remain unjustly incarcerated across the country".
They have previously said the 26-year-old rapper was brought to the US when he was seven years old and his legal status expired in 2006 through no fault of his own.
21 Savage was supposed to perform at the Grammy Awards this year but he couldn't because ICE had taken him into custody after an incident with him, his friend, and the police.