Police said the man died late Thursday and his family had requested his name not be publicly released.
Last night's death raises the death toll from the double mosque shooting to 51.
He was the last person still in intensive care following the attack.
The 46-year-old man had been in a critical condition since March 15.
Mr Tuyan's brother told Anadolu that his injured relative was been taken to surgery on Thursday, but could not be saved.
Australian Brenton Tarrant, a self-avowed white supremacist, is accused of the attacks on 2 mosques where worshipers were gathered for Friday prayers.
"This is only the second victim to die while in hospital - the first was unable to be resuscitated on arrival on March 15".
The Canterbury District Health Board said six patients are at Burwood Hospital, two at Christchurch Hospital and one five-year-old at Starship children's hospita in Auckland.
According to the New Zealand Prime Minister "nine people remain in hospitals in stable condition".
"As a country we continue to send our hope for their speedy recovery", she said.
"He had surgery today, they couldn't stop the bleeding so we lost him", the brother was reported as saying.
Relations between Turkey and New Zealand have been strained since the March 15 attack after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan showed clips from the gunman's live-streamed footage at his election campaign rallies to denounce hatred against Islam.