Family members of 67-year-old Robert Bell Wallace told Fox News that Wallace became ill nearly immediately after he had a scotch from the room's minibar at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana.
Bob Wallace had been in the island country for a family wedding, but by the time of the actual festivities, the adventure-loving 67-year-old man was hospitalized and too sick to participate.
He said Dominican authorities told the family to expect Wallace's toxicology reports in eight to 10 weeks.
"My 6-year-old and 3-year-old used run in the house and jump on him on the couch and he'd wrestle with them for hours on end", Tickenhoff said.
We reiterate that we totally disagree with the dissemination of false information published publicly that endangers the image and reputation of the company and the integrity and rights of our employees and their families, reserving, when necessary, the right to undertake the adequate legal action.
There have been other reports in the past year of American tourists becoming ill while visiting the Dominican Republican.
Her sister, Felecia Nieves, told Fox 29 that Monique "was 51 years of age, relatively healthy, no reason for her to go on vacation and die so suddenly". The deaths are now being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. 'We don't want this to happen to anyone else'. "My husband's story needs to be told. something's not right in the Dominican Republic".
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana.
Ms Schaup-Werner was staying at the Bahia Principe La Romana in Punta Cana.
The increase in the number of mysterious deaths and sudden illnesses at resorts in the Dominican Republic has drawn an unsettling amount of attention to the nation. Garcia also said there were inconsistencies between the woman's account of the events during the day of the attack, and her husband's account.
Those three deaths made headlines and put a spotlight on what now appears to be a yearlong pattern, according to the New York Post.
It is not clear if a second autopsy will be performed on Day and Holmes.
Kaylynn Knull said she and her boyfriend enjoyed their vacation until they noticed their room beginning to smell of chemicals.
The Bahia resorts are both run by Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a Spanish family-owned hotel chain.