Sudan's telecommunication providers have begun restoring mobile access to the internet, weeks after service was cut off following a crackdown on protesters, Al Jazeera reported.
Internet has been blocked in the entire country in conjunction with the mass killing of protesters in Khartoum on June 3 when the government forces dispersed a sit-in protest around the army headquarters in Khartoum.
Armed men, shooting and beating protesters in a pre-dawn raid, killed dozens of demonstrators and wounded hundreds.
Amal al-Zein, an activist, said internet service came back on gradually after a Khartoum court on Tuesday ordered telecommunication companies in Sudan to restore service.
"I returned to court and said that numerous clients of Zain and other telecom companies were impacted due to the cut", Hassan told a news conference.
Late on Tuesday, the NetBlocks observatory said data showed significant restoration of internet in Sudan. Several subscribers later confirmed that services had been restored to their mobile devices.
Separately, the Sudanese government's representative to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva called on the global community to exempt his country from foreign debts and remove sanctions after the power-sharing deal was reached last week.
On Friday morning, the FFC and the TMC, which has been ruling the country since the ousting of President Omar Al-Bashir in April, announced a power-sharing agreement for a transitional period leading to elections.
"Regarding social media, we see during this period that it represents a threat for the security of the country and we will not allow that", General Shamseddine Kabbashi, spokesman of the ruling military council, said last month.
Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto will visit Sudan to convey the European Union's support for the power-sharing agreement struck between the Transitional Military Council and the Forces for Freedom and Change.
A group of legal experts has been finalizing the wording of the deal to be signed by both sides in the coming days.