Khan's London: Unborn Baby 'Critical' After Delivery at Pregnant Mother's Murder Scene

Police officers carrying door to door inquiries in Raymead Avenue Thornton Heath Croydon

Police officers carrying door to door

A pregnant woman who was stabbed to death in London had posted to Facebook that she "couldn't wait" to meet her child just months before her murder.

Kelly was stabbed to death in Thornton Heath, south London, in the early hours of Saturday morning while a man in his 20s was stabbed to death in Newham, east London, on Saturday night.

Her eight-month-old baby was delivered at the scene and is now fighting for life in hospital.

A 37-year-old man held on Saturday has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.

"It was also established that she was approximately eight months pregnant". Our sympathies go out to her devastated family.

"Being a mum was all she dreamed about", her aunt, Rosa Fauvrelle, tells The Telegraph UK.

"Violence against women has no place in our city, and horrific murders in the home like this show the scale of the problem we face".

Officers have arrested a 29-year-old male on suspicion of murder, who is now being detained in a south London police station, while a previously arrested 37-year-old male has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.

Police say they are keeping an open mind as to the motive over Ms Fauvrelle's death.

Met Police swooped on the scene and found Kelly was in cardiac arrest and the baby had to be delivered at the scene.

"The Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating, led by Detective Chief Inspector Mick Norman".

He added: "My heart goes out to this innocent child, and to the mother they have so tragically lost".

The premature baby was rushed to hospital where the Metropolitan police said it remained in a "critical condition".

In three separate incidents, two men died from stab wounds and a third following a fight, as the wave of violent murders that has gripped the capital continued.

The victim is believed to the man who self-presented at hospital, who was treated for serious injuries but died at 7.23am on Sunday, the force said.

Golfer Park Sung-hyun Reclaims Top Spot After Win in Arkansas
Japan to tighten export rules for OLED materials to Korea