Hot New Hip Hop claims that today, McGregor accepted a fight challenge from Khamzat Chimaev, who called him out on his Twitter account. Conor said succinctly in response, "I accept!" after the young fighter called him out and said he wasn't "cocky", he was just "confident" in his ability to fight an exceptional talent.
"Tinatanggap ko (I accept)", was McGregor's post, indirectly addressing Pacquiao.
Whether or not the tweet was meant for Chimaev, however, it does not mean that the fight will come to fruition.
"That was (for) Khamzat", White told the media after Friday's UFC weigh-ins.
To many people's surprise, McGregor seemingly accepted Chimaev's callout on Thursday, leading many to speculate about a potential fight between the pair. He tagged other big names in his tweet as well, including Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal. "He declined to further elaborate what it was actually referring to, though".
However, it wouldn't be surprising to see him return to action next year, especially once the UFC 254 fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje is concluded, and if fans will be able to attend events at the time.
Earlier this week, Chimaev said on his account that he was very bored at the moment, and he wanted to get a new fight sooner rather than later. Conor McGregor, I'm going to finish him in the first round, brother. McGregor had previously hinted at a fight with the Filipino Senator in a interview with ESPN Ringside.
The social media battle between Khamzat Chimaev and Conor McGregor seems to be escalating, with "Borz" pulling some familiar old catchphrases out of the book to fire back at McGregor on Twitter.
McGregor, last month, had said that he is retiring from fighting. Share your thoughts in the comments section PENN Nation!