Queensland residents returning from those areas will have to isolate in self-funded hotel quarantine.
Dr Young confirmed it was possible the new case was infectious when she worked her last shift at the aged care facility and added that authorities were expecting more cases of COVID-19 in Queensland over coming days.
With seven new cases reported in Queensland this week, other jurisdictions have moved to strengthen border restrictions on the Sunshine State.
Superintendent Wheeler warned that there were likely to be increased traffic delays at the border checkpoints when the Greater Sydney hotspot declaration officially kicked in at 1am on Saturday.
The woman was issued a notice to appear at Gympie Magistrates Court on November 30 and was taken to hotel quarantine, where she remains.
The NT had previously declared Victoria, Greater Sydney, and the Eurobodalla Shire and Port Stephens in NSW as hotspots.
The woman, aged in her 30s, is the wife of a 27-year-old Bellbird Park man, who also tested positive for the virus on Friday.
"There is a social responsibility here for everyone to do the right thing", she said.
"Along with five others who are being COVID-19 tested, they dined on a table adjacent to one of the recently identified cases who returned from Victoria", a Queensland Health spokesperson said in a statement.
The aged care center in Brisbane's southwest has actually considering that locked down over worries other employees and locals are at danger.
Two Bunnings stores, a major shopping centre and a sports complex are among the locations.
One resident was unable to be tested but Dr Young said it was no cause for concern.
Queensland Chief Health Officer Dr. Jeannette Young said: "Contact tracing is underway on all new cases".
Authorities are bracing for a south-side cluster as contact tracers continue to chart the paths of Muranga and Lasu through Logan and Brisbane while showing signs of the highly-infectious virus.
Olivia Winnie Muranga and Diana Lasu are expected to face further action from police regarding their trip to Melbourne and their actions on returning to Brisbane. They include one worldwide arrival and two interstate arrivals who have been self isolating.
All three women have been charged with one count each of providing false or misleading documents and fraud over their alleged lies to authorities when they arrived in Brisbane.
A criminal investigation unrelated to their travel to Victoria is also underway.