Premier Gladys Berejeklian said all of the cases, bar one, are directly linked to existing cases.
In response, the government has reimposed mandatory mask-wearing in public transport and retail outlets across much of greater Sydney, but it has stopped short of ordering a lockdown.
Of the five, the two announced yesterday were both close contacts of previously reported cases and have both been in isolation.
"If that changes, if we suddenly have a number of unlinked cases and if we suddenly have them outside the geographic region they are concentrated in then we will obviously adjust the health advice and we will respond to that", she said.
The seventh case was a student at St Charles Catholic Primary School in Waverley, in Sydney's eastern suburbs.
Of the seven cases outside the reporting period, six were household contacts of previous cases who had been in isolation.
Berejiklian ruled out any further restrictions for the time being.
"At this stage, given Dr [Kerry] Chant did advise us already that she foresaw that household contacts would get the virus, and I think this demonstrates how important it is to isolate when you are asked to isolate".
"Anyone in New Zealand at the Westfield Bondi Junction mall (including the vehicle park) in Sydney's Bondi Junction on Saturday 12 June between 11am to 12pm or Sunday 13 June between 1pm to 2pm and 4pm to 4:30pm should get tested immediately".
Victorians are no longer required to test negative before departing for New Zealand but are encouraged to monitor for symptoms and check the Victoria Health website for updated locations of interest.
Masks will be compulsory indoors across all of Sydney until the middle of next week after a spike of COVID-19 cases linked to the Bondi cluster.
"This follows a decision by New South Wales public health officials last night to classify the entire Westfield Bondi Junction mall and its auto park as a location of interest, not just the particular shops earlier identified".
Five of them are required to isolate for 14 days and be tested twice in that time, and all have returned a negative first test.
"They must also contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and stay at home until they get a negative test result".
Three of the new cases were recorded before 8pm whereas three cases were also confirmed today, including a woman in her 60s from Illawarra and a woman in her 40s from Sydney's northern suburbs.