On Wednesday morning, Manchester police arrested three men in the south of the city in connection with the bombing, taking the total number of suspects in custody in the United Kingdom to four. An eight-year-old, two teenage girls and a 28-year-old man were also identified as among those killed in Monday's attack.
- Masked police arrest a 24-year-old man in the Chorlton area of south Manchester near where Abedi is believed to have lived.
The woman being held was arrested by police in Blackley, an area north of Manchester city centre yesterday.
The spokesman for a Libyan anti-terror force says the father of the alleged Manchester bomber has been arrested in Tripoli.
"She expressed the view that the intelligence sharing relationship we have with the United States is hugely important and valuable, but that the information that we share should be kept secure", May's spokesman said.
"I think it's very clear that this is a network that we are investigating and as I've said, it continues at pace", Chief Ian Hopkins said Wednesday.
Before his arrest, the father had told the media that his son was innocent and had been planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for a pilgrimage.
Hashem is in custody in Libya.
Three vehicles drove up to the Abedi home Wednesday evening and several men wearing uniform, some of them masked, detained Ramadan Abedi, the alleged attacker's father, and two other unidentified men in the street. "This is not us".
The elder Abedi said his son hated past attacks by extremists groups.
A source close to the investigation into the bombing told Reuters that the focus was on whether Abedi had received help in putting together the bomb and on where it had been done. "As we were discussing news of similar attacks earlier, he was always against those attacks, saying there's no religious justification for them. I don't understand how he'd have become involved in an attack that led to the killing of children".
But Abedi's trips anxious some of his relatives, USA officials told NBC News.
Members of his own family had even informed on him in the past, telling British authorities that he was unsafe, according to the intelligence official.
Abedi had traveled to Libya within the last 12 months, one of multiple countries he had visited, the official said.
The Daily Star features images of suicide bomber Salman Abedi taking out his bins before the terror attack at Manchester Arena and says a "worried neighbour" filmed him. The U.K. later confirmed his identity. "Hell, go lick as many freaking donuts as you want".
Abedi and another brother stayed behind to finish up school, the news service reported.